A Step by Step Approach to Developing
and Maintaining an Alumni Program
STEP ONE - Determine Your Goals
Whom Do You Want to Include as "Alumni"?
What Tasks Do You Want to Accomplish?
- former counselors, directors, other staff?
- former campers? (ALL or just the 'old dogs')
- parents of former campers? staff?
- former board members?
- other camp program participants?
- other volunteers?
- donors of cash, property?
Priority and Resources Will the Alumni Program Have at Camp?
- maintain communications re: camp programs/alumni?
- organize reunions and special tributes
- develop a camp history/archives
- develop an "Alumni Index"
- establish 'alumni projects' (work weekends or $$)
- create additional sources of publicity & promotion
- will there be the necessary time and administrative commitment among staff
and board members? (if NO, focus on Step Zero)
- what tone will be set?
- should there be a membership "donation"? - may depend on what alumni
projects are in mind, but don't want to exclude those who can't pay
- what will the alumni see on how camp operates?
Last | Next